We would like to invite you to attend the 2nd Athens meeting of Behavioral Economics and Experimental Social Sciences (ABEESS) Lab, which will take place on Saturday the 6th of May 2017, 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. at the Department of Economics of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens. We are proud to combine the event with a Collaborative Research Visit from NYU Abu Dhabi Social Science Experimental Laboratory.
The event will involve three presentations with time for discussion.
Our speakers will be:
- Professor Rebecca Morton (NYU & NYU Abu Dhabi)
- Professor Nikos Nikiforakis (NYU Abu Dhabi) & Dr. Vasileios Vlaseros (ABEESS Director)
After the event, you are also welcome to join a two-hour workshop with presentations from behavioral and experimental economists affiliated to the lab.
One year has passed since the official inauguration of our Experimental Laboratory in Social Sciences, situated in the heart of the historical center of Athens. The Laboratory's main aim is to revive academic debate, suggest conclusive research methodologies and host interdisciplinary experiments in Social Sciences for international research institutions and universities. It is time to recount the experience of the 1st year and plan the future of the lab.
The event is intended to bring together
* a steadily growing community of experimentally minded social scientists who work across Greek academic institutions and
* behavioral and experimental scientists from abroad, who want to create ties in Athens and to contribute to the development of Behavioral and Experimental Social Sciences back in the city where it all began.
To request an electronic attendance pass for the event and the timetable or any other inquiries regarding the event, please contact mkolom[at]econ.uoa[dot]gr stating your full name and affiliation.
* Andreas Papandreou - Associate Professor of Economics, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
* Vasileios Vlaseros - A.B.E.E.S.S. Laboratory Director, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens and Senior Treasury Researcher, National Bank of Greece
* Pantelis Pipergias Analytis - Postdoctoral Researcher, Cornell University
* Nathan M. Maddix - Manager of Behavioral Research, Harvard University
* Maria Kolomitsini - Phd student, Department of Economics, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
* Kostas Katsanevas - Affiliated Researcher, ABEESS Laboratory, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens